RED Pro Prime FAQ
Jim Jannard has posted answers to some of the most frequently asked questions in regards to the RED Pro Prime lenses. You can find the original post here: www.reduser.net
- RPPs are “RED-centric”, which means that the light path is optimized for maximum resolution and consistent illumination, with minimum breathing for the Mysterium sensor family. Patent Pending.
- T-stop range is 1.8-22.
- Image diagonal- > 32mm.
- Extra low dispersion (ELD), Super Low Dispersion (SLD) and anomalous dispersion glass for maximum chromatic aberration correction.
- Center resolution is greater than 100 (lines pairs/mm). Edge (5K) is greater than 63 (lines pairs/mm).
- Close focus from lens front (from sensor) is:
25mm- 4″ (12″)
35mm- 4″ (12″)
50mm- 6″ (12″)
85mm- 18″ (24″)
100mm- 24″ (30″)
- High relative illumination from center to edge of field (5K).
- Uniform Spectral correction to accommodate any light source.
- Internal Focus and Unit Focus designs.
- Consistent 110mm front diameter.
- RPPs will work with film cameras.